Thursday, May 2, 2013

April Favourites - Beauty Products

So in this post I will go through all the beauty products that I have been really enjoying throughout April.

Starting with skin care, some products I've been really loving this month, is Garnier Skin Naturals Youthful Raidience night cream. I'm a great beleiver in good creams for your skin early on. I may only be 20 years old but its important to look after my skin now so that it remains youthful for longer. I love the garnier cream, I use it after a shower and a little at night, its great at driving moisture into the skin and soaks in quickly. It also smells amazing! The only downside to this I find, is it opens up my pores so found I'm having to use a blackhead scrub along side this as it makes me more subseptable to blackheads, althought its great for my dry skin.
Next for skin care I have Emma Hardie's 'amazing face' cleansing balm. I use this in the shower, wet my face and gently rub this into my face in circular motions, and its just a great   gentle cleanser. My skin feels amazingly fresh and clean prior to use.
A great cheap tinted moisturizer I've been loving is the E.L.F. tinted moisturizer SPF 15. Its very lightweight not the best moisturizer but its great at a very light all over tint for those mornings that you don't fancy bothering with foundation. The best thing about this product has to be the price, the small but mighty tube is £1.50!

Onto makeup products, having been trying to follow the runway trend of using blue and green eyeliners in creative ways I've been attempting to create my own runway inspired looks with Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Junkie. I got it off eBay for a few pounds, I got the smaller size. It's a great emerald green with a gold glitter to it. I'm really loving this for the product and for the great price I got it for on eBay.
Next is the previously mentioned Along Came Betty All Concealed concealer kit, for a more indepth description check out my previous post.
Another thing I've been loving makeup wise in April is lipgloss, I recently re-discovered a Rimmel London Vinyl Gloss that I purchased in Poundland, I don't know why they come up in Poundland, whether they are un-used testers or a discontinued colour but I'm not complaining, its the real deal and I am loving it.
In terms of makeup brushes I am adoring my new E.L.F small angled brush its amazing for using to fill out your brows or for eyeliner. The next brush is a Real Techniques dupe to their contouring brush, bought on eBay from China, its Joursna Professional Brush, the bristles are super soft and its so much like the Real Techniques and more than half the price.

Finally, body spray or as the americans say body splash from French Connection. I've had it for quite a while now so am unsure as to whether it is still available, however I've been using it more and more lately and love it its a florally musky scent perfect for day and night as its a body spray its lighter than a perfume. The scent is pure and described as a soft oriental scent built around a delicious fusion of violet, pepper, and vanilla notes.

Follow me on twitter @nailsatnoon


No comments:

Post a Comment