Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Holiday Beauty - Holdall Makeup

So this week I am vacay-ing up with my siblings and their partners for a week. It'll be lovely and relaxed, there is nothing better than just being able to lounge around with family and laugh and giggle your week away.

So in light of me holidaying it up I thought I would share with you my favourite beauty products to take abroad or on a staycation if you are staying at home.

For the plane obviously smaller products are better so I'll be sharing my holdall favourites with you in part one and tomorrow you can find out what my favourite products for staycations are!
My little makeup bag here is from Ruby and Milly it is part of a carry case set. Its the perfect size to throw in your handbag or holdall luggage. You dont want a large amount with you just the bare essentials, especially if you are travelling longhall and need to touch up or apply before landing.So my basics include mascara, khol eyeliner, tinted lip balm, moisturiser and hand lotion, brow gel, perfume, cotton buds.

  • Mascara - my current fav and the one I took abroad this summer was my Max-Factor Clump Defy by False Lash Effect. Its nice and light weight not too heavy looking on your lashes, it separates them beautifully and makes them look super long. Perfect for travelling as they look like your actual lashes just at their best! 



  • Lip Products - I take a lip balm as airplane air can dry my lips out really badly, my favourite is Notabene 100% organic Pink Grapefruit Lip Balm. Its super softening and hydrating to the lips without feeling like your super aware you have anything on them! Its made from bees wax and natural oils. Its my favourite thing ever right now and has really saved my lips from cracking. I also like to carry a Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss as as well as moisturising my lips adds a little tint of brown which helps to brighten them up especially after being on a plane for hours!


  • Eyeliner - I think a little brown eyeliner in the outer corners of the eye can wake any sleep deprived travellers face. Mine is from Avon Colour trend in Dark Brown.



  • Brows - I like to keep my brows in check, brows really help to define your face with or without makeup. So by packing my clear mascara I can make sure every hair is in place. And help to define them without packing on product. My current one is Collection Colour Lash in #11 Clear.



  • Moisturising is very important whilst on a flight as the air is really dry. If you're suseptable to dry skin I would highly recommend carrying a small travel size moisturiser to keep your face hydrated. The one I use is a hotel freebie, Eau De Rochas Creme Hydratante. As its only 12ml you can carry it on without any problems at security just remember your clear baggie!



  • Perfume - for me is a must especially if you are travelling long haul. It helps you feel fresh at the end and allows you to feel you can at least approach people without feeling embarrassed about smelling. My current summer favourite which happens to be below the 100ml limit is Avon Fleur 50ml its slim designed bottle will fit in most makeup bags and its light fresh floral scent will leave you smelling fresh without being too heavy and imposing on nearby passengers.



  • Cotton buds, when applying makeup on a plane it'll be just your luck that you are applying your mascara at the same time a burst of small turbulence hits. So its super handy to carry a couple around in the bottom of your makeup bag for those incidental touch ups.



  • Eyeshadow - to me its not a must because if you've been travelling all day you don't want too much to have to take off at the end of the day! But a cute quad like my Avon True Colour in Emerald Cut is perfect to have if and when you may feel like it. The range of colours are perfect for brightening up your eyes a bit or adding a little drama if you're headed straight out to dinner after flying. Don't forget to pack your favourite fluffy blending brush as on a plane blending will be your best friend to blend those mistakes away. Mine is the MAC 224.



So there you have it folks my small quick guide to travel makeup! Hope this inspires you to pack light as you dont need a full face when on holiday just make sure you have your SPF products for sun protection and brighten up your look here and there with small amounts of makeup.]

For more posts and general chatter follow me elsewhere.
Twitter@NailsatNoon
Instagram@ItsHER92
Tumblr: http://nailsatnoon.tumblr.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NailsatNoon/

Post your pics on Instagram with the #nailsatnoononvacay

Images pulled from Google Images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment