Saturday, April 5, 2014

Barry M - Lip Paint Review


Barry M are known for their bold colour choices, and their range of Paint - whether it be for your lips or nails. They have great colours at great prices.

I found these few Barry M Lip Paints via my Ebay expeditions and paid a pound or so less than you would in store, but only because I'm a cheap skate and if I can avoid paying full price I will find a way! 

The colours I went for are very bold and I realise not everyone's taste but I think there is at least one shade here that will catch each of your eyes. They are £4.49 from Superdrug and Boots that carry Barry M in store. There is usually a lovely selection of various colours. I like these as they are great for spring and summer and perfect for those who dare to wear a bright lip. 





Unfortunately I do not have the shade names, neither do I have the numbers as mine have worn with wear and tear. But I do believe the bright pink and the orange are still carried in store, but I'm not too certain on the berry shade and the glitter pink. 

As you can see from the swatches the colour pigmentation carries well from Lipstick to skin, and hold for hours well without need for re-application. 

The berry is a rich tone plumy-red, its perfect for a bold daytime and an easy going nighttime wear lipstick. I think this would carry well across skin tones and would suit most people as its an easy to wear colour. Its bold without being too far gone that it would be too bright for some people to carry off. 

The bright pink isn't shown justice in the swatch, it is NEON its perfect for rocking with a tan in Summer and bringing those beach vibes to your makeup look. I am obsessed with this shade but struggle to find occasions at the moment with the weather as it is to wear it, but can't wait for the sun to come and for me to start rocking this bad boy of a Pink again. 

The glitter pink is a more subtle shade, the actual pigmentation isn't that powerful, it is mostly a clear lipstick with a slight sheen of colour and then glitter. It's perfect to add a sparkle for that party do you're attending at work, or if you're into fun makeup! Its very light on the lips and the glitter doesn't get everywhere either! 

And lastly the orange! This is also a bright colour, but less in your face than the pink,  a much more wearable alternative I think. It is easy to wear, although I wouldn't suggest that people with paler complexion that myself try it as I think it might make you look a little paler/ill. I struggle to wear it unless I have some colour as it can wash me out a little, and I consider myself to have fair/porcelain type tone to my complexion. But all the same it is a gorgeous shade and I think those with darker, more tan complexions would look stunning in this! 

So next time you are in the Barry M section of your drugstore make sure you check out the pigments of the Lip Paints as they are beautiful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment