Thursday, August 28, 2014

Poundland Prizes

People are always shocked when I say I bought beauty items from Poundland. It doesn't exactly scream beauty delight now does it? But there is lots to be said for looking where others may not think to look.

Poundland often near the face wipes and other beauty related items, have in little zip lock baggies got makeup and cosmetics from brands we recognise in Boots and Superdrug hanging up in various collections for £1 each. Yes seriously, a £1!

I have in the past bought lots of beautiful items from here and been very happy with my purchases. However don't be alarmed if the label is slightly wonky or is written in a foreign language such as french. I think the reason Poundland is allowed to sell such items is due to the fact that to me they look like factory seconds. Meaning something is slightly off i.e the label being wonky, a plastic bottle instead of glass, the label being in french. Any minor infractions that would make the companies not deem them suitable for purchase in their normal outlets. But to me, I see nothing wrong with the products themselves just their packaging, and as our mothers taught us 'dont judge a book by its cover'.

I have happily purchased many forms of eyeshadow before, but my latest purchase was of L'Oreal Paris Infalliable eyeshadow. I have already got one of these that I bought from boots, but wanted to see how Poundland compared. The packaging is in a much lighter container and the labels were in french. But the consistency and quality of the eyeshadow inside I found to be much of a muchness.
I know that some people will naturally refrain from thinking of buying their beauty items in a discount store like Poundland, but its definitely worth a look from time to time as you never know what bargains you may stumble across. I once got 3 bottles of Collection 2000 Air Whipped Foundation for £1! So keep an eye out for ways to save those pennies.



FOLLOW ME ELSEWHERE:
Instagram@ItsHER92
Twitter@NailsatNoon
Tumblr: http://nailsatnoon.tumblr.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NailsatNoon/


No comments:

Post a Comment